We can't change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our mission and values is necessary to bring about real and lasting improvements. Dignity Health's Community Grants Program is one way we are working collaboratively to improve health status and quality of life in the communities we serve. The Community Grants Program has awarded more than $64 million to 3,285 community-based health improvement projects since 1991.
CriteriaThe Community Grants Program has established specific funding criteria, including:
- Project addresses one or more prioritized significant needs in the local hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Implementation Strategy
- People to be served include identified vulnerable or underserved populations, to help address health disparities
- Proposal is from three or more collaborating organizations (an “Accountable Care Community”) playing distinct and complementary roles
- Project works with the Dignity Health hospital in the local community
- Specific and measurable target outcomes are identified
Eligibility and Parameters
- Lead applicant must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Grant awards are from $20,000 to $100,000. Individual hospitals may reduce the $100,000 limit, depending on the availability of funds.
- Project performance period is January - December 2018
- Projects can serve specific community and/or patient populations
- Mid-year and final written reports are required
Apply for a Grant
The 2018 grant application period opens soon. The application process includes a Letter of Intent, followed by a full proposal for invited applicants. Both are submitted on templates obtained from the local hospital’s Community Grants Representative. Please begin by reading the brochure for your community.
Contact email@example.com for more information.